Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stir Fry Sauce

Adapted from Martin Yan’s Chinese Cooking for Dummies. This is my favorite stir-fry sauce. It makes enough for two meals. Having extra on hand makes for a quick meal. I use low sodium soy sauce in this recipe otherwise it's just too salty for me.

2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup rice wine
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1.In a bowl, combine soy sauce, broth, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper.
2.Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
3.Heat a pan over high heat; add the cooking oil, swirling to coat; add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
4.Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil.
5.Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute.
6.Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.

1 comment:

  1. I like this Stir Fry Sauce. I think this will be compatible to my beef stir fry because I don't know on how to create a sauce for it. Thanks for this, I will now try to cook it.

    ReplyDelete